We are coming into our busiest time of the year for the Graham Music Dept. Between now and Spring Break all 10 Graham Music ensembles will be on display as they compete locally and internationally.
Lionel Hampton International Jazz Festival:
Both Jazz Bands, Vocal Jazz ensembles and Jazz combo will be heading to Moscow, Idaho on Feb. 22nd to perform in the Lionel Hampton International Jazz Festival. A few things to remember to all those traveling:
- We meet in the music room Thursday, Feb. 22nd at lunch. Bring your luggage to school in the morning and we will store it in a practice room. Make sure all luggage is clearly labelled!
- It’s going to be cold and we will be spending lots of time walking. Temperatures range from -1 to -8 while we are there, bring appropriate winter clothing.
- DONT FORGET YOUR PERFORMANCE CLOTHES (especially black shoes!)
- Businesses do not accept Canadian debit cards. You will need to have US Cash and will need to pay for 3 dinners and 3 lunches plus any souvenirs.
Looking forward to another great year in Idaho!
Chilliwack Lions Music Festival Choral division:
VOX and Treble Makers perform in the Chilliwack Lions Music Festival Choral division on Tues, Feb 27th at the Graham Theatre. Treble Makers perform at 9:00 am, VOX at 10:20 am. Please check with your teacher for more information about warm up times, workshops etc.
Chilliwack Lions Music Festival Band division:
The Graham Music department is the host of the Chilliwack Lions Music Festival Band division that will see over 25 ensembles and 1000 student come to GWG to perform in our theatre. All Band, Jazz Band and Orchestra students will be performing:
Tuesday, Mar. 13:
- Sr. Jazz Band performs from 8:00 am – 8:30 am
- Jr. Jazz Band performs from 2:40 pm – 3:00 pm
Wednesday, Mar. 14:
- Band 7 performs from 8:00 am – 8:20 am
- Sr Concert Band performs from 1:35 pm – 2:05 pm
- Orchestra performs from 3:45 pm – 4:05 pm
Thursday, Mar. 15:
- Band 8 performs from 8:00 am – 8:20 am
- Band 9 performs from 12:55 pm – 1:25 pm
Warm up for all groups is 30 minutes before performance time and all students will need to be in uniform.
An event this big doesn’t run without an amazing group of volunteers and once again we will be looking for students in grade 9-12 to help make everything run smoothly. We will need students stage crew, liaisons, security and registration desk for all 3 days. Please see Mr. Monkman if you are interested in volunteering.